NEWS!!! JANUARY 2019:
HEATHER IS 1 OF 5 FINALISTS - $10,000 BERNARD EBB SONGWRITING AWARD! (more...)
TWO New Releases and Big Awards
The 17-year anniversary of the band. The murder ballad program at the North Carolina Museum of History. Rowan Corbett, our percussionist, touring with Rhiannon Giddens and The Carolina Chocolate Drops. Culminating in:
- Formal Showcase at the 2018 Southeast Regional Folk Alliance Conference
- Repeat wins for Best Contemporary Folk Group, Washington Area Music Awards
- Releasing TWO CDs: ilyAIMY's "Cicada" & Heather's "A Message in the Mess"
- Heather taking 4th as a Telluride Troubadour, Telluride Bluegrass Fest
- Heather voted MOST WANTED ARTIST to return, Falcon Ridge Folk Fest
- Heather won Director's Award for ALBUM OF THE YEAR, Mid-Atlantic Song Contest
- Heather selected as emerging artist for the National Women's Music Festival
- Heather selected as finalist for the FreshGrass/No Depression Songwriter Award
JUNE: POST CARD PROJECT (a message from rob & Heather)
Social media has taken you away from us. We want you back – and we’ll write you for it.
As the noise level in our lives keeps getting turned up, sometimes it’s nice just to get a letter from a friend. It’s in our nature and our band name, an acronym often used between penpals: I love you and I miss you.
We’ve traveled through 45 states in 15 years and met tens of thousands of people. Maybe you’re our personal friend on Facebook, follow the band’s Instagram., on the mailing list - but with so many ways to connect, and we find we still just … can’t. Full inboxes. Full up on the fatigue of Facebook arguments. Fearful of how your information gets used.
So, we’d like to meet you at your mailbox. When we’re coming to your town, when we’ve got new music, maybe for the holidays – we want to send you a physical post card. We can’t find ones we like. So we’re making our own. Our photography. Our design. Just for you. Here’s what you need to do:
EVERYONE on our e-mail list will get a thank-you mp3 in our July e-mail upDates (if you’re NOT on it, subscribe on the bottom right of this page).
Now, to get postcards we need a snail mail address. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Though we feel it should go without saying, our e-mail and snail mail lists are sacrosanct. Only we use them, and only to advertise our music and our shows in your neighborhood.
(PS – of course you can still find and follow us on all your favorite social media at ilyAIMY, but seriously … Snail mail, my friends. It’s the future.)
Booking: Heather Aubrey Lloyd email@example.com